STP Shipyard Palma continues its activity, after the period of validity of Royal Decree Law 10/2020, which halted the performance of any activity considered non-essential. After two weeks of reorganization of work after this break, the shipyard is gradually recovering its activity and is preparing for what seems to be a longer season than that of other years due to the delay of some yachts pending completion of their maintenance works and the reception of new ones that, taking advantage of the inability to navigate, have decided to postpone their departure to the sea to do some repairs.
Since the beginning of the crisis, the shipyard has put in place a complete safety and hygiene protocol for its facilities so that clients, employees and industrialists can carry out their activities safely and following the regulations established by the Government.
Among the most notable measures, STP has implemented:
• Use of a fire department for periodic disinfection of the esplanade, especially around buildings and access areas and roads for people circulation.
• Daily disinfection by a specialized company of common areas.
• Weekly disinfection of office by specialized company.
• Cleaning of common areas and offices is carried out continuously with disinfecting solutions.
• Limitation of capacity of common areas through the preventive cancellation of facilities (urinals, toilets, …)
• Limitation of capacity of customer service areas, limited access to offices one by one. Prioritization of telematic means.
• Signage installation (capacity, entry – exit routes, safety distances, hygienic measures, …
• Implementation in yachts, user companies and STPs a COVID-19 prevention protocols.
• Disposal of disinfecting liquids in all work and common areas.
• Installation of methacrylate screens for worker-customer separation.
In addition, entry access control has been intensified to avoid all visits that do not really correspond to the shipyard activity.
In this way, STP Shipyard Palma wants to send a message of tranquillity and security guaranteeing that it will continue to carry out all the necessary measures for the proper functioning of the shipyard and the safety and well-being of all.
Source : STP-Palma